1. Hick Accent. Yesterday I subbed in a K5 class because the teacher had to do some training. One of the chants we had to do said something like, "I heard the song." A little girl was practicing and said, "I hear the song." So I corrected her... and to my surprise she mimicked me in the most Texan accent ever. All I could think was... "Do I SERIOUSLY sound like that!" It is now proven that all my students next year will speak with a Texan accent.
2. Singleness. (I stole this one from my friend Kelsey) I celebrated my 24th year of single Valentine's Day haha. It was pretty fun. A bunch of us ate at a burger place and then we went downtown and shopped. In Japan they don't have Valentine's day but a few days before the 14th they have a day that all the girl's buy the guy's a gift and then on March 14th they have White Day where the guys buy the girls a gift.
3. 25 at 25. This year I'm doing a list of 25 goals for my 25th year. I only have like 5 thought of so far so if you can help give me some ideas that would be great. These can be big goals or small goals. In example, go skiing in Japan, go to a country I haven't been to, etc.
4. Change of Plans. We have a spring break coming up from the 25th through the 31st. Our original plan was to go to Thailand and it has seriously changed about 8 times. So annoying! The ticket prices went up so then we changed it to Bali. Then we heard that wasn't safe so we switched it to Guam. Then we couldn't figure out anything about Guam and so we changed it to Taiwan. Then that was too expensive so we changed it to Singapore. Then we couldn't figure that out so we changed it to Hong Kong. Then we changed it to Okinawa and that was too expensive so it was back to Hong Kong. Right now I have no idea what we are doing.
5. Snow. I never ever thought I would say this but I'm SOO sick of the snow! It has snowed so much since we've been here and I'm cold ALL the time. They say this is a mild winter so I don't know what next year has in store for me. My dream of living in Colorado has been thrown away. I want four seasons but not the longest winter in history.
6. Snow Day. It has been snowing since 4 pm yesterday... that is 16 hours straight. School got cancelled today!!! However, we have to go in and have a work day. Still excited.
7. Numbness. For the past 2 weeks the left side of my left thigh has been numb. My dad said that it is caused by gaining weight and I would just like to make a public announcement that I have not gained weight thank you very much.
8. Pizza. Last week we had a half day so some of the teachers decided to order pizza for lunch. When they were splitting the cost I heard them say that it was $64 total. I was like, "say what!!!???" They ordered 2 larges which is equivalent to 2 small/mediums in the states. And each large is $32!!!! That is so crazy!
9. No Dairy. I've decided to give up eating dairy. And it is seriously hard. I didn't realize how much I ate dairy until 2 weeks ago when I gave it up. (I cheated once but I didn't eat that pizza). Considering I'm lactose intolerant I thought now was as good as time as any to get it out of my system.
10. School lunches. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday the kindergarten teacher's get a lunch from the school for free. They are seriously so disgusting but not everybody feels this way!! First of all you pretty much NEVER know what you are about to eat. Second, it is always cold but it is food that should be warm. Third, they make these cute little pink hello kitty things that is actually pressed fish. Nasty!
That's all for now!!