Here are the top 10 reasons why I love my class:
*in no particular order
1) Tammy and Kevin were holding hands for the entire 40 minutes of first English circle one time. They kept looking at each other and smiling. I could not help it I kept laughing and all my kids were like, "Ms. Melanie, why laugh?" It was so cute!!
2) They are seriously the cutest little 5 year olds I've ever seen. The other day we had "Fun with Mr. Jonathan". It is basically a time where they play with one of the male teachers from Friend's Club. They all had to change in to gym shorts and tuck their polos in. Now, if it wasn't the cutest/dorkiest thing I've ever seen then I don't know what is. Just imagine tiny little 5 year olds in tight gray shorts pulled up way past the belly button with a white polo tucked in and their class cap on. The class cap is basically a baseball hat but it has a strap under the chin and most of them keep the bill flipped up. Hilarious looking!
3) Whoever I sit by at lunch cheers because I'm sitting by them. Now that just makes ya feel good about yourself. haha
4) They think I smell good, run fast, push the highest on the swing, sing good, I'm funny, and they like my clothes (ha!). Everyone should be a kindergarten teacher.
5) They love Michael Jackson! Today I had my Michael Jackson mix on during lunch and all the kids were like, "Ms. Melanie - Michael Jackson? I like him." One of the students said, "Ms. Melanie! Billy Jean! I love this song!"
6) One my girls, Leslie, always will look at me and say, "Leslie likes Ms. Melanie!!" hahaha. Another of my girls will look at me randomly and say, "I love you Ms. Melanie". They are so cute!
7) The other day I happened to have my phone in my back pocket because I forgot to wear my watch for playtime. One of the kids decided to karate chop me in the butt and he realized my phone was back there. All of sudden like 6 of the boys are screaming, "oooohhh Ms. Melanie phone... in pocket!!" So they were all trying to touch it but I was blocking them. Then Kevin ran up and put his finger in my pocket, held up his finger and ran around screaming, "I touched it, I touched the phone!!!" It was pretty much the coolest day of his life.
8) A couple of days ago one of my little boys came in to the class and said, "Ms. Melanie, mother's underwear is gold today."
9) Apparently I say the phrase, "Oh My!" a lot here. All my kids are saying it to me about everything lately and it is so funny how they pick up on your mannerisms and start copying them. They will drop something on the floor and say, "Oh My Ms. Melanie!" Funny!!
10) Today was crazy hair day and the kids were so into it! You know how I love to dress up and get into to things like this so I love that they love it too!
I'm not supposed to put pictures of my class on my blog but I'll do it just this once so enjoy it while you can :). Yes I have 11 balloons in my hair in this picture!