Thursday, August 12, 2010

American food = stomach pains

I've officially been back in America for 6 days and have 11 more to go! I feel like I've been going non stop since I've been back but this next week should be a little more relaxing. I'll take you through my week using my picture a day:

August 5th: Here is a picture of the "luxury" night bus I took from Sendai to Tokyo. I boarded the bus at 10:30 pm and arrived at the airport at 6:20 am. I then sat around till my plane left at 11:30. It was a long night. Naturally I only slept 1-2 hours on the bus and another 1-2 hours on the airplane.

August 6th: My first day back in America! My parents were out of town when I got in so my Aunt Paula picked me up at the airport and then she drove me to San Antonio so we could hang out with Jenny, Chris, and Jude. After I got off the plane we went to Paula's house to shower and eat lunch and then headed out. We got to San Antonio just in time for dinner (Jenny made pizza) and then we relaxed and chatted. I started feeling tired around 9. I've actually been pretty good with jet lag. I've taken 2 naps since I've been here but other than that have been sleeping regular.

August 7th: Saturday we woke up and had doughnuts and then we went to bueno for lunch... I obviously ate healthy on Saturday. After that we went shopping around San Antonio. When we finished we decided to do Saturday night church at Oakhills Church. Then we ate at La Fogata for dinner. We were sitting outside but were getting attacked by bees. Cara was freaking out so we finally moved inside to eat. I had a vegetarian taco and it was delicious!

August 8th: I forgot to take a picture!!! Only 2 weeks in and I've already forgotten. That day was Jenny's birthday but unfortunately we didn't get to stay for long. Chris was on call so we woke up and just relaxed around. Jude was having lots of diarrhea and he ended up having a fever so we all felt bad for him and Jenny. We stayed and ate lunch with Jenny and then hit the road back to Dallas.

August 9th: Just a normal day. Went to the dentist and naturally needed more work done, went to target, picked up the dog, etc. I can't put up the picture I took on this day because Cara would kill me.

These next two pictures are a before and after....

Before coming to America (Above)
After coming to America (Below)

Hahahaha jk!!! But if that isn't the most hideous picture of all time then I don't know what is. Let me explain...
August 10th: Casey came to spend the night with me and hang out. That night we were introduced to the best app on Iphones. It's called fatbooth. You take a picture of someone then they make you look fat. I mean my cheeks are fat, my double chin, my large nose. Not to mention I slicked down my hair especially for the picture. I'm taking fatbooth pictures of everyone while I'm in America... the best to remember my friends and family by.

August 11th: I have a picture of me with Casey and Valerie from going to lunch.

Today: I had my followup dentist appt and then I went straight to take the GRE. I did a little better than I thought so that's good but now we will wait and see. Time to start feeling out those applications for grad school! I also got to go to dinner with my good friend Melissa! We had a blast hanging out together!

No comments: