Sunday, September 12, 2010

Field Day

Technically I forgot to post this past week but since Sunday is on the weekend let's just pretend I didn't forget. Plus it's still Saturday in America!

So today was field day for us! Field day in Japan is a crazy production that the kids put on and let me just say there is SO much pressure on everyone involved. We've been prepping since before summer break and we spent pretty much all day Saturday making sure everything was ready for today. This morning we woke up to rain, rain, and more rain! We decided to move everything to the elementary school across the street because they have a bigger gym than us. We had to be at the other campus at 7:00 am so I had to leave my apt at 6:40 am. Unfortunately, I was up all night feeling like I was going to throw up so I only slept about 3-4 hours. We got there this morning and spent about 2 1/2 hours re setting up before all the kids and parents got there.

Once everyone started arriving things went so smoothly! My class did great! They were the best class at the maypole dance (in my opinion!). They lost the K5 relay race but that wasn't surprising... my class may be competitive but sporty they are not. They did awesome at the pom pom dance and everyone had so much fun!! It's 5:16 pm here and I just got home about 20 min ago! Needless to say it's been a long/fun day and I'm definitely tired. I didn't get to take any pictures since I was doing things the whole time but once I get some from the photographer I'll post them on here!

No comments: